Most insurance companies in Barbados offer four basic types of coverage. The different types of policy coverage available are:
- The most basic of all covers – the minimum required by law in Barbados.
- Will settle a third party claim should the driver of your vehicle be held responsible for an accident (Provided the driver is properly licensed).
- You are also covered against third party risks if you are driving someone else’s car.
Third Party Fire & Theft
- Protects you for loss or damage to your car by fire or theft.
- Will settle a third party’s claim (as in Third Party Cover).
- Your car is insured against all types of loss and damage – including accident, fire and theft (an Excess will apply if your car is damaged).
- Covers your personal belongings, which may be in the car.
- Covers medical expenses to passengers (usually up to a limit of $500).
- Will compensate the policyholder in the event of his death or the losing of a limb.
- Will settle a third party claim.
Very similar to comprehensive but has a further extension of Hurricane, Riot & Strike.
Make sure that you know what your policy covers you for.
Do not be fooled that all comprehensive policies are the same.
This type of coverage is perhaps the most expensive, but it certainly provides the most protection available in our current market.
At Field Insurance Brokers Inc., we are here to help you understand your policy and if you are not clear on any area please do not hesitate to ask your Account Representative.
We now invite you to view these other areas of interest: